Wednesday, February 4, 2009

"Eat a COOKIE and See me in the morning"


Hello, I am Dr. "J". What can I do for you today?


Let me explain. Life at the Huff house has been in need of me aka "Dr. J" lately. About 2 1/2 weeks ago, both my kids started with a terrible asthmatic reaction to their known allergies. (Which those of you that know me, know I do EVERYTHING I can to keep these allergens away from my kids, but sometimes it is out of my control). So anyway, Brianna gets better after about a week or so, but poor Nathan is still battling it. Needless to say, I am up with him every night trying to control his coughing fits that go non-stop. So a little sleep-deprived...

Well, then my Man comes down with the stomach virus this past weekend and is still having issues with it almost 5 days later. (Quaranteened him to the Master Suite until all is clear!)

On Monday night, he comes to my bedside (in the Guest room) @ 12:30am to ask if I am awake. All I remember is he was saying something about how he didn't feel well. So, of course, my response is "Eat a COOKIE". He obviously thought I was out of my mind!! Well, eating a cookie in the middle of the night always helps me! :-) You should try it sometime.

3 comments:

dsr524 said...

I'm definately going to have to try that cookie thing. Thanks for the prescription.

Pam said...

Love the cookie medicine. I know for a fact it works!!!

Debra (a/k/a Doris, Mimi) said...

Cookies cure what ails you no matter what it is. Can't sleep? Have a cookie. Feeling blue? Have two cookies. Feel like celebrating? Have chocolate cookies. Yum!